Saturday, 25 September 2010

personal statement time

I'm about to draft my personal statement, I'm so nervous and excited at the same time about this. Going to uni seems scary, it feels like I'm a lot younger than being seventeen education wise even though I feel about thirty in my own skin. I can't wait to take the next step towards my future and my career!
I applied for the position as fashion editor at my college magazine, hoping that this will give me a taste for my university course in fashion journalism. I'd love to get the position, I feel as if the experience would be really valuable, demanding and interesting.

I am waiting in anticipation for my Hennes delivery. I wanted it to come today, so that I could wear my new outfit to the London Tattoo Convention (that my brother in law runs and my sister works at) this weekend. In fact, my sister was on the ITV News at 6 yesterday tattooing our lifelong friend/receptionist at the studio. Marcus explains that Black Heart Studio in Epsom is famous! Check out this link if you're interested in body art, my sister is the one with black hair and you may be able to catch a glimpse of my name on her chest!
http://www.itv.com/london/tattoo-fest77831/


Quite gutted I'm going to be down on Sunday and missed being on the telly haha!

So, this ends my post for today, in a while I will be heading to Epsom (where the famous studio is located! ;) ) to go for lunch and have a quick browse round Hennes, New Look etc. Hopefully my card won't be hit too badly...!
Have a good weekend guys! (and head up to the convention if you're interested. It's located at Tabacco Docks in London. The nearest train station is Wapping.)

Harriet x

5 comments:

  1. That's so cool, I'd love to be a tattoo artist, but considering the fact I can't draw/colour inside the lines I thought it would be a good idea to stay away from the ink ;) I've only got 1 tattoo atm, and if it wasn't for the fact my family and boyfriend are against them and they're also I want to be a primary school teacher and they're pretty frowned upon, otherwise I think i'd be covered by now, I've already got in mind what sleeves i'd have if i ever decided to do something instead of teaching haha
    Your sisters very pretty aswell :)
    have fun tomorrow
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, thats always a bit of a problem, I just wish that there wasn't so much prejudice and discrimination against people with tattoos, it's only a form of art! a lawyer came into talk to my college and said that if there was a witness providing evidence for a crime and they had visible tattoos, the jury are 68% less likely to believe what they say. how ludicrous is that!?
    that's a real compliment, people say I look a lot like her but I don't think I do at all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's unbelievable. Like, it all comes down to judging a book by it's cover really,
    Yeah i can definitely see the resemblance between you and your sister, you have the same shaped face and mouth :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I just found your blog- I love your layout and your posts:) You are also really pretty. Anyways, have a good evening and keep on posting.

    you could check out/follow my blog at:

    vyile.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lovely comment!