Thursday, 20 January 2011

University for the Creative Arts interview and haircut

Hey guys :)
Yesterday (Wednesday) was my interview at UCA Epsom to do a BA in Fashion Journalism. I feel that the interview went well and, fingers crossed, will be a student there in September! The atmosphere there seems to be really friendly and the student that gave a tour of the small campus was helpful and made the course sound really interesting. I made a friend immediately after getting my sticker from reception; there was either a seat alone or a seat next to the only girl in the foyer who had no earphones in, so I chose to have a chat, which ended up calming us both down about the interview... (Hi Ellie!) I actually really liked the interview, it was a group of 6 of us and we were literally asked to talk about fashion, designers and magazines (three things I love to talk about...) Ahh, how amazing would it be? To actually get in to UCA and do the course I've been wanting to do since I was thirteen? This is the only thing about my future which is actually really exciting me right now, I've never felt this way about education, and quite frankly I'm beginning to scare myself.
Anyway, enough of that, I will expect an email about my application and let you know how it goes :)


The day before my interview, Tuesday, I went to the hairdressers and they have literally cut all my hair off. Basically the moral of the story is - don't bleach your hair unless you can afford almost daily kerastase treatments, which I couldn't. My hair used to be elbow length and my most prized feature. Now it is short - barely touching the top of my bra. I mean, my stylist at RUSH Epsom did a really good job with it but still... my beautiful long hair... here's a picture of me but bear in mind that my hair isn't styled, but you get the gist.

Anyway so I'm coming up to 50 followers which is really lovely and I'd like to thank you all for taking the time out to come look at my blog :) Please let me know what you think of it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Byatch!
    Thanks so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog, it really cheered me up after spending a boring day work. Well done for getting through the interview, I'd love to study fashion and have been thinking about that for a while or doing something 'fashion' related. I studied Moving Image at college then went on to study Film at Uni but fell out of love with the moving arts.

    Good luck and keep us updated!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was very true, glad it cheered you up :)!
    What are you doing doing at the moment for work? I cant think of anything id do instead of work in fashion!
    Will definitely update you on it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lovely comment!