Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Cooking

I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to be able to cook. I burn things in the microwave and have been know to make my friend a frozen vegeburger sandwhich. the only thing which I can successfully say I can cook is scrambled eggs, bacon and baked beans (and cupackes, I'm sick at baking cupcakes). Usually I'm alright at the microwaving thing too but today, I got the shock of my life (using an oven)!
Well not really of my life but you see where I'm going with this.

Let's start from the beginning...
The day before Valentines, me and my best friend decided to take full advantage of Marks and Spencer's £20 deal (2 starters, 2 mains, 2 sides, 2 puddings, a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates). Unfortunately we had decided to do this at 8pm when all the M&S' were closed, so I had to drive us to the nearest M&S petrol station where we became really excited (because M&S food is so tasty and we were starving). However the deal wasn't on there (noooooo!) so we decided to just buy a normal amount of food. We got two carbonaras, a mushroom pasta, a pack of four flat garlicbreads, a box of tiny seasoned potato cubes and 2 slices of cheesecake.
It all went very well and I was left with the mushroom pasta to take when she stole the box of potatoes and garlic breads :(

So I decided to eaty my pasta today for lunch. Set the oven all right and put it in, left it for 30 minutes so I could check on it and everything. Before consumption and this is the sight I was met with:



I swear oven ready meal packaging isn't supposed to melt INTO YOUR FOOD?
How am I so bad at this cooking thing?
Is it supposed to come naturally, because my mum is like the best cook ever and my dad isn't bad and my sister can even cook spaghetti bolognese from scratch!

What can you guys cook?
Have you had any cooking disasters or are you renound for being an excellent chef?

4 comments:

  1. hahahha! i have actualy dont the same :P but i took the pizza out of the oven before it was too late :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love cooking but i have had my mishaps ;) I would say I have more successes than failures though! once I made some amaaazing double vanilla coconut cupcakes ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lady, thanks for the order. love your blog, am now following you! cooking wise - the exact same thing happened to me last year wiht a ready meal. and another time one got melted onto the oven - oh dear!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen: I really wish I knew how to cook well, I'm just going to have to find a man with some excellent culinary skills haha!
    @Chelsea Lane: cupcakes are my forte, I make a mean coffee cupcake with buttercream icing!!Belle: aww thank you :) I'm already a follower of yours!! I think we should sue, because we do what it says on the packaging and then melts everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lovely comment!