Friday, 25 February 2011

yesterday

Yesterday I started reading The End of Alice by A.M. Homes, a book documenting the (fictional) correspondence of two paedophiles, one serving a life sentence in prison and the other, a young woman, grooming a small neighbourhood boy. 

I know this book sounds a bit wrong, but I suppose that was the appeal of me reading it, it sparked so much controversy when it was released in the US, that I thought it might be a good read. 
I've included a photo of page 22, just read the top of it and you can see just how strange it is!
I've had this book for ages, I love buying books in bulk, spending hours on Amazon researching them before adding them to my basket, but the bad thing is, I'm always so busy with college that I never get a chance to sit down and read them. I'll take a photo of my bookcase if you're interested :)



Earlier in the afternoon me and my best friend took a trip to Box Hill to have a chat and a catch up. We kind of fell out a few weeks back so I hadn't talked to her for ages, so it was really nice. I love how things can go back to normal so fast because you just know each other so well. I know Box Hill (Dorking, Surrey) seems and odd place to drive to, but there is literally nowhere else to go and park without being pestered by doggers (especially Epsom Downs, dogging hotspot on the border of London, many a fateful night has occurred here when me and my friends go for an innocent drive). Here are some pictures I took of the view.


You can kind of see the top of the hill, about 2cm (in the photo obviously) after the white post. My mum used to take me here when I was little, and me and my sister used to run down (and then up) the hill! Can't believe how insane we were for doing that. One day my sister (who's four years my senior) provoked a Shetland pony and it chased us back up the hill. I, being small, was left behind and for a long time I was scared of returning.


Here's a little photo of my best friend!

1 comment:

  1. This is sooooo bizarre! I tried to download this on my Kindle just yesterday but it's not available! No suprise!lol So I ordered it in paperback (something I promised not to do after I paid so much for the Kindle!) I was a bit apprehensive about this book. But you've made me feel better. I'm waiting for it to arrive along with my kindle cover. Which other books did you order?
    I'd love to see your book collection. I've got a huge one too. But its divided between my flat at uni and my house at home.
    www.ktcyrus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lovely comment!