Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Barry M Overload

So today I thought I'd do quite a normal post about what I look like and wore today. Due to the excitement of yesterday's post, I don't think you guys need anything quite so interesting today and I'm still exhausted from everything that stressed me out yesterday!
First of all, here are a few photos of what I wore today. I had to use the autotimer so this is the best I got from my camera as I was going to be late for my lift to college.


The denim jacket is from Primark last summer, the skinny jeans are from Topshop and are sold all year round. The stripey top is a recent New Look buy and the grandad cardigan is from Beyond Retro (a vintage store on Brick Lane). I didn't end up wearing the Uggs to college as it made the outfit look really clumpy, instead wearing black boots.

This is the eye and general make up I wear daily, pretty minimal really as I use foundation, powder, bronzer (although this picture is so light you can't tell!) eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow pencil.

When I got home, I decided to buff and repaint my nails. It's the first time I used my electric nail file and buffer so I was pretty excited (the ones that the use in the nail salons!). My nails are in really bad condition due to all the years of acrylic nails and the fact I don't eat or drink much calcium. I decided to paint them clear, using Barry M, and then adding two coats of 'Red Wine', also by Barry M. After that I applied a red glitter Barry M nail colour. The next coat was my Crackle Barry M nailpaint which, unless you have been living in a cave for the past few months, covered the colour and then cracked making it have a stoney/giraffe effect. Barry M overload! The final coat was a clear glitter which made the crackle effect shine and enhanced the reflection of the varnish in the light.

I usually don't like the crackle nail paint because I think it make it just look as if your nails are dirty or that they have chipped, but I think this looks alright.
In future I reckon that I'll just stick to my classic blood red...


Enter my MAC, H&M and Natural Collection giveaway here :)

Follow me on Bloglovin' :)

27 comments:

  1. I love your nails!

    chloe-mia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a perfect nails. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so good, I love your bling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty polish combination :-)
    I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your car - how awful! I'm driving a Renault Clio myself, so I'm shocked even more - how can people dare to damage such a cute car?! I hope they'll get them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that grandad cardigan is amazing.... i'm such a sucker for knitwear x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit! I love your hair color, very pretty. I love that crackle or shatter polish. I just bought one from OPI-It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I love your nails! I almost bought a crackle nail polish from China Glaze, but decided I didn't need it and put it back. I wish I would have gotten it now!

    I like the blinking .gif picture, too. What a great idea! Your make-up looks fab, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're soo pretty! Love your nails!!


    have a nice day,
    jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Your outfit is really nice! Wanna follow each other? :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice nail art
    im never patient enough to do stuff like that :P
    check out my blog
    http://justrottencandies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVe the cardigan! and cool nails :) X

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi,
    thanks for your lovely comment, don't know, i just searched through the tights and socks section and couldn't find the picture anymore! I guess Asos removed the pic, or I didn't search well enough!

    jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it, i've been going crazy with my barry m. nail effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my site!! I can't wait until "Limitless" comes out!! I will be reviewing that one for sure. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all these comments girls, they all make me so happy and you're all way too flattering for your own good :)!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stumbled across your blog, love love love it!! Just wanna read all your posts now!!
    I know what you mean about the Barry M crackled nails, I'm still undecided, somedays I love it somedays it just seems messy!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im not a great fan of crackle nail polish, but I have to say that in this colour, it's really nice and it has not that dirty-nail effect that the others have!
    good choice!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your eyelashes are real??? extra large
    kisses
    Enisdaba
    http://enisdaba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Ash! :)
    Peach, each time I look at the phot of my nails here, it looks as if they were orange but they were like crimson red!!
    Enisdaba - yeah my eyelashes are real! The womders of mascara... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your cardigan, sorry about the mess up with folllowing- it's finally letting me follow! Hope I can still be entered for the giveaway. Plus Thanks for the really lovely comment, sorry for the REALLY late reply, will try to reply sooner next time!
    www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look awesome and I love your nails!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow your make-up looks amazing - I want your lashes!

    Totally know what you mean about unhealthy nails - since I've been wearing nail varnish 24/7 mine are slowly dying ahh.

    Natalie xx

    www.caughtwithmyclotheson.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. likee the jacket and yout makeup, babe!

    Btw. thank you for the comment :)
    You are welcome to follow?<3

    Hope to see you on my blog again soon..

    xo
    http://julia-louise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my god, you blinked at me! I almost yelped ahhaha.

    SO clever! and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVEEE YOUR NAILS! you're gorrr girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. great blog!
    cool nails,
    I'm following now
    xx..

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lovely comment!