Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Lady Manson

Is it just me or do you think Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson would make the cutest couple ever!? Their children would probably be the most insanely awesome children on this planet. They are both so creative and similar whilst being so different to others musically. I can see so much of Manson's creativity in Gaga and even though I don't particularly like either of their music, I do love the style and the way they go about portraying their originality both through fashion and through art, the two being closely linked. Have you seen the new Born This Way video? It's mental. If you thought that the extended version of Telephone was mental you should see this... I watched it with my mum, and we had to play it twice to properly digest it. There is an introduction which lasts two and a half minutes, about the birth of Gaga's perfect race, before the song actually gets going, which granted is pretty damn strange.
Manson's videos, such as my favourite Tourniquet, are all so unique and different to many of those made in the same decade, using make up, role play and squeamish moments (such as some pretty dirty close ups of cockroaches and maggots) to entice and hypnotise his viewers and fans.
A few of you may have read my article on Gaga's meat dress which was published in an old edition of Daydream Nation and thought about what critics have had to say about her outlandish and lavish outfits and attention grabbing behaviour. I reckon if I was famous I would wear a lot of the things Gaga wears, like those McQueen heels - to die for, that's if I could pull off her looks..! I think fashion is all about taking risks and making statements which could in turn mould the future of fashion.

What are your thoughts on Lady Gaga and/or Marilyn Manson? Do you agree with me? I would love to hear your views!



My favourite part of the music video is this when Gaga and her leading man are dressed up like skeletons. She looks amazing and the dancing is great...! Plus that hair, wish I could get away with a pale pink like she does.



Here are the videos :)


20 comments:

  1. This just reminds me too much of Madonna's Express Yourself haha also Vogue. Very Madonnary basically

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought too about the song, but I think her style is amazing, like the way her videos are creative and her outfit so flamboyant. I miss old Madonna before she got bad, Like a Prayer came on in the car this morning and I basically screamed along with it with my friend :) !

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to watch Gaga's new vid, but in general I totally agree with you, both Gaga & Manson are pretty awesome. I simply adore how they are different & I don't quite understand why people talk so bad, especially about Lady Gaga. She's very creative, even if you don't like her, you should give her credit for that. Same goes for Marilyn Manson!

    What you mind checking out my blog? Follow eachother if you like?
    http://tabathasrefugium-tabatha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, I'm following you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love gaga no matter what ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and your style.
    This is my blog http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/
    Please take a look if you want and if you like it please follow and I will follow you back.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys :)
    I love Gaga as a person, I think she's awesome and find her fascinating, I just wish I liked her songs :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey :)

    thanks for your lovely comment :)


    i love them both and gaga´s new video is just pure inspiration :) <3

    i would love if we could follow each other..your blog is fabulous!


    http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are a really interesting pair..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know right!
    @Star-light I will check out your blog, thanks for the kind compliment xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, I hope you stop by again soon.

    Im now following you :)

    The doll on fashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with you "fashion is all about taking risks". Definetly!

    Nes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE GAGA & MANSON <3
    they are *** great :D

    follow you too ...
    can you check again if you followed me because my blog does not work sometimes :/

    xx
    www.simplebutreal.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still haven't the video from Lady Gaga but great break down!

    If you have time would you checking out my blog? I'm following you now,

    My Lyfe ; My Story

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ♥ Lady Gaga! this is amazing X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't like that Gaga song at first, but now it has grown on me and I love it!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. lady gaga is just freaking amazing !!!
    (:
    xx, nati&tany
    http://whoop-itup.blogspot.com/

    ps: we have a give away right now and hopefully u wanna join it (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVED all of Gaga's looks in her latest video. And I totally agree about her hair... ahh-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks guys! yeah of course I'll check out your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love GaGas new video! XXX

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lovely comment!