Sunday, 6 March 2011

Uh-Oh, Galliano

What a moron you have been John, why did you have to be all racist and anti-Semitic in that restaurant? Surely you knew that it was probably not the best thing to say being such a high profile designer, or even at all for that matter. You have now lost possibly the most coveted job in the fashion industry due to your drunken slurs. It disgusts me how he made those remarks, once I looked towards him as an idol and now it is easy to see him for who he truly is. It's such a shame because I can't help but feel a huge loss as his collections for Dior have been so magical and inspiring for so many years.
Here's a snippet of what he said to two (Italian, not Jewish) women whilst the third filmed.
"I love Hitler... People like you would be dead. Your mothers, your forefathers would all be fucking gassed."
This was an unprovoked attack which occurred last December. The ladies began a conversation with him as he was sitting alone drinking and they knew who he was, and he began hurling abuse at them. He's now in rehab due to a similar and more recent drunken assault.
Pretty damn disgusting. 


Galliano is British, and has been working as the head designer for Dior since 2007. He attended Central St. Martins and has worked for big names such as Givenchy. Anyone who has seen his shows will know what a great and original designer he is with breathtaking couture and incredible shoes. Due to his moving designs and creations it's difficult to believe that Galliano has such dated and obscene racial views.


Here's the video if you haven't yet seen it:

P.S. Later on tonight I will anounce and open my giveaway :)

3 comments:

  1. It's absolutely disgusting that he said such things. Drunks speak the truth, so he must really believe what he said...
    But I totally agree, it's a huge loss, he was (is) a brilliant designer, the best one out there besides Karl Lagerfeld.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first heard about this I was so disgusted by what he said. Seriously, I didnt even think anyone thought like that. Its a shame to lose such a talented designer, but at the same time Im glad he's gone!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, I agree with you completely, although it feels like someone I used to know really well just died :( xx

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lovely comment!