Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Oh black Betty, bam a lam!

This advert was originally aired during a Superbowl break. I'm gonna leave you guessing and let you watch it to find out what it's advertising. I'm not too sure when it was first shown over here but I've seen it a couple of times on TV now. Adverts don't usually phase me, and most of the time I skip through them due to the fact that I'd rather be on here than watching chewing gum programmes like Gossip Girl or The Only Way is Essex (although I do like a bit of 24 and Silent Witness-esque things). This one made me laugh and actually pay attention. It's clever, it's not forcing the product down your throat like the Go Compare! man (I would rather hear nails on a blackboard for 40 seconds). I don't know, maybe it's the fact that I've always had a corny soft spot for Tom Jones...



P.S. Days 2 and 3 of the LCF Short Course in Fashion Journalism coming up soon. I miss it already!

2 comments:

  1. AHh I love that song. This commercial is pretty clever. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It makes me smile :) I think there's something about car adverts... remember the Honda one with all the parts of the car moving in a long chain (hard to describe but - Honda Power of Dreams ad) and the new clio ad (What is Va Va Voom?), which I thought was quite clever and different, plus I have a clio sooooo....

    But I loved this one too...
    the singing cherry advert

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lovely comment!