Thursday, 9 June 2011

Long time, no see!


Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been neglecting my blogging duties, I'm right in the middle of my exams, and I have six this year as I am resitting my AS year along with my A2 year. Right now stress is at all new levels of high and all I want to do is sleep.

However, I do have some exciting news.

On the 13th July I'm going to St Tropez for a week with my best friend. She has a villa there so it should be really good... I'm excited about all the yachts... But this means that along with the rich area of St Tropez there will be all the rich people in designer clothes, something which I lack due to money issues, and perhaps, celebrities! I know P Diddy spends the majority of his summer there on his yacht so I am going to keep my eyes peeled and hope to come back as Mrs Combs (ha) if he doesn't mind marrying someone a few years older his son... My friend also was in the VIP Room (the club) with Beyoncé last time she went there. Jealous...

This leads me on to my next issue, two words. Bikini. Body.

I know I'm not fat but along with thousands of others, I am beginning to panic about looking good in a bikini. So... my diet has tightened. I'm trying to eat a lot of low calorie and low fat foods (however, and although I am not too proud to say this, I have always been a calorie counter) such as sushi, rice, chicken breast, soup and loads of fruits and vegetables.
Said best friend and I have also decided to enlist the help of Jillian Michaels and the DVD 'The 30 Day Shred,' which is quite literally the hardest form of exercise I have ever done in my entire life. Including bleep tests (those of you may remember that excruciating compulsory form of ‘sports education’ in high school.) Michaels actually screams stuff out during the DVD like 'I WANT YOU TO FEEL LIKE YOU'RE DYING.' Which, although gets quite annoying, makes you push yourself harder and not give up. Some of the before and after photatoes floating about on the internet are quite literally amazing and I hope I see results half as good as that. Fitting exercise around revision is quite hard though so we'll see!
Maybe I'll even look like Kelly Brook afterwards but again, I won't hold my breath...

Going out in St Tropez? Must Plan Outfit Carefully. I have literally been running through outfits in my head before I fall asleep every night. I'm thinking black maxi dress, plenty of bangles and some cute wedges or ornate sandals during a long day out in St Tropez, but then again, what if it’s baking and I don’t want to wear black all day...

My suitcase is not allowed to be too big though 'cos there's not enough room in the tiny hire car for big cases. I have therefore been limited to a Nike sportsbag and reserved space in my best friends suitcase.
Essential clothes:
- shorts
- denim jacket
- maxi dress
- day dress
- romper/playsuit?
- vest tops
- 3/4 bikinis
- bodycon skirt (for nights out)
- 3 'going out' tops
- a couple of light cardigans
- 4 belts
- 2 sandals
- flip flops
- pumps

Have I missed anything major out? I'm really excited!

Another looming event is.... MY BIRTHDAY. The big one eight. Plus it's the day I need to renew my car insurance, something which will clearly stay with me now until the rest of my life...
I have planned out some tattoos, and seeing as my sister is a tattooist, hopefully she'll agree to do them for free as a birthday present! I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited! I'll definitely post pictures when I get them done. I have so many ideas and so many meanings behind them, it's going to be difficult deciding what I want first!


Also... is anyone else really excited about the release of Cher Lloyd's first album?! Her first single is apparently called 'Swagger Jagger' which kinda makes me cringe a little but her voice is sure to make up for it. Her extensions are, as always, looking fiiiiine, but I'm sure her natural hair is not happy about the amount of bleaching/dying/stripping etc that goes on thanks to the Lloyd stylist.

 

So that’s my very very long belated post. Comments would make me very very happy, I’d love to know how you are all getting on!

Has anyone been to St Tropez before and can offer me some suggestions/advice? Have you got any tattoos or have you been planning to get any? Where are you all going for your summer vacations?

11 comments:

  1. hope you have a great time in st. tropez:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your exams. I wish i was going to St Tropez! Hope you have a great time and spot some celebrities haha. I would love to see your tattoo if you get it done. I'm a big fan of tattoos (not that i have any haha)
    chloe-mia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. St Tropez sounds lovely, I'm in the same boat as you with the exams though! Also, my friend does the 30 day shred thing and says that yes although it almost kills you, it's worth it! xo

    http://louisejoyb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys :)
    @Chloe Mia - I will of course upload some pictures, dedicate a post etc :)

    @Lou - Good luck to you too! I ache sooo much, it's constant so I'm kinda getting used to it now. Plus, no pain, no gain right? How is your friend looking? Can she see/feel a difference? I suppose it's all dependent on the size you were before you start. I'm not expecting to lose much weight I just want to be really toned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm loving your blog :D x

    http://stylefashionvintagebaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey doll! I’m stopping by everyone who has left me sweet comments on this blog to let them know I’ve moved it! I’ll still be www.tasteofapoisonparadise.com. But the new official url is http://tastemypoisonparadise.tumblr.com/. It’s no longer blogger, but you can still follow it through tumblr or subscribe so it goes to your email. Looking forward to more lovely comments from you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a good time in st tropez, wish i was going! x

    http://stumbleduponablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything is interesting abt ur blog....
    following u...........
    wud love if u follow back :P

    http://touchofawanderer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow getting yourself a tattoo sounds so cool!

    I have always wanted to get one, but chickened out due to my zero pain tolerance. ;)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE cher lloyd! shes totally lush! Also, have a lovely time in st tropez, my friend went there last summer and had a blast. please subscribe
    http://emilydavila.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a good time away!
    Getting a bikini body is such a pain! I am never dedicated enough!

    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

leave me a lovely comment!